How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Friday, March 28, 2008

Starting to work out again

Worked out at Sisters' Hosptal Cardiac Rehab yesterday and today, for the first time since January 17. I gained 10 lbs in these past two month alone!

I forgot how wonderful it feels to work out, and to have worked out. I can feel my metabolism bubbling. And I'm hungry, but for some reason food, the food I imagine right now I would enjoy, feels like just one part of something bigger. Hard to explain. Almost that it is okay to be hungry, okay to crave. But also as equally okay not to give in.

But I am worried about my heartrates -- my resting both days as I came in was 94, and I was getting up to 136 on the Elliptical with the handgrip pulse sensor, even staying back at level 2 intead of my previous level 3, and working it slower, about 2.5 to 2.7, compared to having to keep myself from going over 3.0. But with a minimum of lowering like that, including pacing my first few minutes at the treadmills slower and working up to 3.3 at the 5 minute mark, I pretty much kept up!

No comments: