How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Food

Saw Dr. O'Brien today, six month checkup. I had gained 12 lbs. since September, and admitted to him I had been binge eating. But last night I plied through nearly all my junk food and dessert food. Easy not to have the food in the house, being by myself. Now I just have a jar of yogurt in the fridge -- Brown Cow, maple, expensive at $4.59. Also have three little Green Giant tubs of specialty vegetable combinations waiting in the freezer. The idea being some honey glazed sliced carrots is better for me than half a bag of chips.

The problem with food may be my imagination -- even just thinking about food, my mind goes to how enjoyable it is to taste it, to have it in my mouth, the swirl and sometimes clash of flavors, the touch of textures in my mouth and on my tongue. About the only real life sensuality I have, at the moment; maybe the excitement and energy of biking and maybe even skateboarding will be something, when I begin doing them again in a few weeks.

No comments: