How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Meds

Been taking the Valium since Tuesday. I had just happened to see Spaceballs the day before I met with Dr. Napoli: once of the characters is of course the foppy boring and constantly yawning Prince Valium. And valium is such a... girlie medication. The TV jokes by jaded wealthy housewives. I also saw Dr. O'Brien on Thursday for a six-month checkup, and he told me that the decision to present Valium as a tranquilizer instead of a sleep aid was a marketing one - just a higher dose and it would be a sleeping pill.

But I began to quickly feel that same sense I did when I had taken Zoloft and then Effexor years ago -- the worried Thoughts might be there, but the concurrent Emotions don't blossom, instantly or otherwise.

It is very much a relief.

No comments: