How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Monday, March 3, 2008

An appointment this evening

It's 50 here today. And sunny. Forcast for 60. Home for another long lunch, threw a couple windows open to freshen the place, even though it's already cool in here.

But a winter storm watch for tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh well.

I have an appointment with Dr. Napoli this evening, a psychiatrist at JFS. I've already canceled my last two appointments with him over the last month. Money is one thing. But mainly I just don't want to be back on meds. The stigma, yes, at least the stigma that I feel. But I also worry that it is in some way giving up control. Not that I would go crazy violent like a (very few) handful of gunman have done in the news. But just-- for the same reason I never did drugs, or drink myself blotto.

Which is a manifestation of my problem, lol. And my running to the back of my flat four times this morning as I was leaving - once after I had locked the inner door - to make sure that I had pull the space heater's cord from the socket. And my paranoia that my car will stall without warning, "now!"




No comments: