How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why don't I just DO things?

The network morning news is showing a story about a man who was attacked and killed on a swimming outing in the Bahamas with chum enticed sharks.

An Australian lawyer, tall, handsome, slender, confident. Tanned, bright eyes, broad smile. You can imagine women's heads turning as he walked into a barbecue. Not only vacationing in the Bahamas, but daring to literally swim with sharks. Aggravated sharks.

Why am I not like him? Why am I not a man? A man who DOES Things. A man who says "This is what I want. This is where I want to be." And just do it. Study and take and pass the bar. Go to a club and smile at a woman and send her a drink and walk up to her, smiling at her confident I can use my dick to make her feel good. And grateful afterwards.

For some reason, I have never liked who I am, rarely happy being myself. Even when I know I am loved.



No comments: