How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Side effects?

Wondering if my current haziness and dullness and little memory frustrations might be a side effect of the Crestor...

Just found out a few days ago that one of its known side effect is memory issues and the irritability that sometimes comes with it. An ABC News video about an older woman who was having problems with memory -- severe problems, like not knowing her granddaughter's name, or where she herself lives -- that of course made her family and her doctors think she was suffering from Alzheimer's onset. But it was just the Crestor.

They took her off Crestor, and her memory and faculties returned.

Yesterday, I ran into John who works here as I was coming back in around 4:00 and he was leaving. I thought he was Robert who does the first morning of our DCW training, who had indeed been there yesterday. I stopped John, asked him how things went today. Thinking I was asking Robert about the training. I almost asked him to get me his payment voucher asap, but for some reason -- luckily! -- I refrained. Maybe part of me knew he was actually John (of course part of me knew he was actually John!). I spent a few more moments explaining to John that I wasn't feeling well -- I had left work about 11:00, after having been there before 8:00 to set up the training, and coming back to clean up; if it had been a normal day I would have not come in at all, sick. But by 4:00, having lain down for a couple hours and otherwise padded around the apartment, I was feeling okay. and today I feel fine.

My explaining to Robert I had not been feeling well yesterday made sense, of course; but not to John. Who now I realize was looking at me a bit wide eyed. After a minute, he told me he was getting going. Only after he walked out into the parking lot to brush the snow off his car -- was it when I saw his gait was normal, Bob having a congenital limp? -- did my heart sink and it dawned on me that he was John and not who I had thought he was.

Now, apologizing and explaining to him would just be making the whole thing worse.

And as I walked in and went up the stairs, I called Trudy "Trish", a character in a play I am writing.

Damn! I really have to do some serious looking into Crestor side effects. Again, maybe my frsutrations lately at not being able to think of the bon mot I know I know, and my haziness and blurring between sleepy and dreamtime thoughts and images and what really happens in my currently dull life, is not just SAD or depression or malaise. Which would explain it away well enough.

And fortunately, I have not been aware of any side effects from any of the medications I have been taking since April (Crestor, Lisiniprol, Coreg, aspirin, vitamin D).

No comments: