How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

David Mamet and Herb Gardner

I got about eight books of David Mamet, and a six-play anthology of Herb Gardner plays today, ordered from the library. Mamet is so much fun to read! Sometimes I catch myself reading his plays out loud, sotto voce, rapidfire. Got the Herb Gardner collection from watching "A Thousand Clowns" a couple days ago. Since I went online early on when I began watching it and discovered it was really originally a play, I watched it thinking about how it was originally, on stage. The walk down the fire escape and bolt into the abandoned Chinese restaurant, the visit to his brother's 22nd-floor office, the final sprint making sure he catches the bus for his first day back to work freezeframing him blurred as literally the last image -- looking forward to what this all was originally reworked from.

No comments: