How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

CHOOSE

Having problems writing The Detective's Secretary.

I'm going to it every day. Still. Typing a few lines, maybe just two. Just random images, pretty much.

I have to make the commitment.

When I was making music, crafting my tunes, a few years back, there was always a specific moment when I COMMITTED. I chose This melody line over That one. Squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, and opened them again. And that moment was a release, as much as the moment when I hit the Upload button and sent them to my webpage for the world to hear them. To hear me.

But I only found my voice when I COMMITTED.

That moment when I made that simple decision. When I chose the one direction over the other. And cut that path, made that path real against all others, that would only ever exist in my mind. In other words, they never really existed. Even though I think they existed, maybe even saw them stretched out into the brush out from my feet.

I had the same problem with "Text".

I must close my teeth and grit my eyes and just fucking be a man and CHOOSE.

No comments: