How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Friday, June 13, 2008

A girl on the street

While walking back to work from dropping off mail at the corner mailbox yesterday afternoon, I passed a young couple.

The girl was thin, in a black dress loose even on her frail frame, pretty, pale skin and blue eyes; dour.

She was wearing an odd, slightly baggy, white knit or thick mesh cap -- odd in this weather as it was, but also not sure if I saw any strand of blonde hair from under it.

And from under the collar of her dress, up along the left side of her throat, was a semi-rigid yellow straw, a plastic tube, coming up from the hint of a mechanism at her shoulder, that after a hard joint went up into her left nostril.

She looked like someone out of Star Trek: The Next Generation --seriously, literally.


I just wanted to talk with her. I just wanted to know what she was goning through, what her story is.

No comments: