How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Monday, June 16, 2008

Desire and reality...

Finally got an offline from G. this morning -- from a time when I would still have been home on a normal workday. Still not sure if this is real; if she sees time differently than I; or if she even is who she says she is.

But I also am wondering: What do I want out of this? What can I realistically expect out of this relationship, even if it turns out it is on the up and up?

Reminds me of a quote from my favorite novel, Samuel R. Delany's "Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand", when the narrator is told by a friend that she has found him, via synapse mapping, a "perfect" lover:

"At thirty-six years [old] you know it can't be done.
Which I guess is what desire is all about."


No comments: