How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Today's thoughts

We had a memorial service for Robert Ninham at the Community Center this afteroon.

I wanted to re-tell what I had said at the original gongyo service for him; that knowing he was a local Buddhist who had had and overcame a heart attack made me no feel so all alone with mine, last year. But half the people there had already heard me say that, and I also wanted to bring up the "Crispin's Day" soliloquy from Henry V, that the Garretts bad podcasted for me. But of course I hadn't thought about including the quote before I got there -- and I wasn't sure I would be able to "translate" Shakespeare's words to stir Englishmen to pride, into Robert's own struggle to pass on his own heritage.

So I didn't go up.

I wonder if that, in fact, is the kind if rootful "bad causes" I am making. Or maybe I just think too much.

Like perhaps my decision not to take action, will cause someone not to take action to contact me...

No comments: