How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

til I see sunshine...

“And we could drown ourselves in a flood of sunshine
We could walk all nights til I see sunshine…”

The Posies - “Flood of Sunshine"


It’s been years since I’ve listened to this song, but for today while walking down Delaware with my iPod, its music a bluntly self-conscious imitation of softer Led Zeppelin, down to the stolen guitar and drum riffs. Totally brings back memories of a girl I used to work with at the insurance company, a plumper Darryl Hannah with long hair and fair smooth skin that flushed pink easily.

Anyway, it also reminds me of my annual habit, since faded these past eight years or so, of every spring having one sleepless night. One night only. Couldn’t sleep if I tried. Spring has sprung and it is driving me mad like I am my own flower blooming in the night. One night when life is so exciting I could not get to sleep, stayed up until the dawn, and through the dawn and on into the next day.

The day today became tomorrow, I guess.

The sense that something was about to happen, something – or someone – was unfolding for me, somewhere where it was day, or night, as our big wide world rolled on like a warm laughing baby...

No comments: