How I am surviving a heart attack and quadruple bypass, and maybe even surviving life...

Saturday, August 25, 2007

How much easier could it have been? I mean she had a dog....!

Walking home from dropping my laundry off this morning, up Bidwell Parkway, didn't buy anything at a disappointing farmers' market off Elmwood, just listening to Scott Walker belt out Jacques Brel's "Jackie" on my iPod, sipping a Starbucks Orange Mocha...

Down the parkway -- actually walking on the grass on the 100-foot-wide median with it's three rows of trees -- approaching is a lovely young woman, maybe late 20s, full and round with smooth moonwhite skin, styled hair framing her glasses on a very intelligent face, walking her German Shepherd.

Always a bit awkward, or course. With anyone -- the two people approaching each other on the sidewalk totally aware of each other thing.

But... she fussed with her hair a little. At least had her hand up around her face, her fingers pushing her hair around in the breeze.

She smiled at me, as we passed. A nice smile. Not a polite or pleasant smile. At least I think.

She might have even said something, but for me it was just Scott Walker in front of an orchestra complaining about being rich and powerful.

And she had a frigging beautiful dog with her! The world's greatest and easiest conversation starter!

I am sure I smiled back, but I don't know if I would have really said anything if I hadn't had the earbuds making me a bubble-boy. Of course, I would like to think so though. So maybe someday I'll go from, I'd like to think so, to, So I just...


No comments: